The Construction Manager will be responsible for the construction oversight of multiple new construction and renovation projects. Delivery of the site and the responsibilities will commence at the appropriate handoff point based on the project by the Development Team and seeing the project through pre-con and construction and turnover to tenants or Owner. This individual will be the construction manager responsible for early coordination with the development team, estimating, budgeting, plan review, bid negotiations, contract negotiations, contract administration, General Contractors, scheduling, site inspections and coordination with operations and tenants. The individual will need to act as an entrepreneur while working within a team environment.
- Participate in the early development of project scope and budgets with Development Team.
- Review CD sets of drawings development by Development Team and their consultants to recommend design changes and refine budgets.
- Once drawings are complete, manage the bidding process with General Contractors, developing the bid documents, AIA Contract documents in accordance with Construction Department standards and procedures.
- Award projects to contractors, schedule preconstruction conferences and weekly project update meetings with contractor and consultants with agendas and minutes.
- Work with Legal and Development Team at time of closing and acquisition for all required documents to close on land and loans.
- Set up appropriate job monitoring plan.
- Maintain weekly reporting to the company and investors.
- Develop and maintain project schedules with critical path milestones and processes within a project to ensure the project progresses as anticipated.
- Review and process for payment all monthly consultant invoices and GC pay applications associated with projects.
- Assist Construction Accounting with monthly reconciliations of project budgets. (Budget to Actual reporting)
- Work with Development Team on keeping proforma live throughout the project in line with budget to actual reporting including time value.
- Review all project change orders /additional services request and submit for approvals
- Communicate project status to project participants and stakeholders throughout the project to ensure critical components are not missed and risks are identified.
- Assist Construction Admin with closeout of project on a project by project basis.
- Assist Property Management with the transition of maintenance responsibilities associated with completed projects.
- Perform punch list work with General Contractors and Tenants to ensure that completed work is in accordance with design documents and tenants work letters.
- Maintain all files and records for the project in accordance with Realtylink filing procedures.
Required Skills and Abilities
- Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, self-prioritize and meet deadlines
- Ability to work well in a team environment
- Ability to be a high level thinker.
- Demonstrated ability to plan, organize and self-prioritize responsibilities to consistently meet deadlines
- Familiar with civil, architectural design documents and commercial construction
- Proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Project and project management software
- Demonstrated ability to make good decisions based upon a mixture of analysis, wisdom, experience and judgement while working within a fast passed environment.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate clearly and succinctly to a variety of audiences from Leadership to Team Members
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Project Management, Construction or related field required.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Science or Civil Engineering preferred.
- Experience working on owner side of real estate development.
- Preferred 5 years’ experience in land development, commercial construction, architecture or civil engineering.
This position will be a mix of office and field based. Some remote work may be considered but will be required while traveling with regular construction site visits.